sBux makes life on and off campus sweeter. But like with anything great, it comes with a big responsibility. If you’re a NSFAS newbie, simply put, the sBux system is a sort allowance you receive from your loan in the form of vouchers, which you can redeem and pay for necessities such as accommodation, textbooks, and daily transport.
After you have signed your SOP or LAF, you will receive a message from sBux to activate your sBux account. Read our article here on how to activate your account.
Here's what you can do, and most definitely shouldn’t do with your NSFAS sBux:
- Pay for your private accommodation
- Redeem sBux for food, books and travel costs
- Convert and withdraw when you need to. For example, if you need a taxi fare, you can withdraw cash and pay for your transport
- Reuse the same voucher. Every voucher is unique, so you can only use a voucher once
- Share your sBux password with anyone! Because if you lose your phone and your password is saved on it, anyone can convert your loan into vouchers and spend the vouchers
- Spend like there’s no tomorrow. Remember the year is long. Spend wisely!