The National Certificate: Vocational or NCV is an alternative option to a Matric certificate. It is equivalent to a matric certificate but you develop practical skills and knowledge of the workplace.
Once you have completed your National Certificate Vocational you can look for a job or apply to a university or college to do a;
- Higher Certificate programme at NQF level 5
- National Diploma at NQF level 6
- Bachelor’s Degree at level 7
To get the Matric equivalent certificate you will have to complete 3 years full-time and get your NCV4 certificate. There are 3 NCV levels and each level takes 1 year to complete. You will receive a certificate after every level.
What can you study?
NCV subjects are offered in a wide range of fields;
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction
- Drawing Office Practice
- Education and Development
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Engineering and Related Design
- Finance, Economics and Accounting
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Office Administration
- Primary Agriculture
- Primary Health
- Process Instrumentation
- Process Plant Operations
- Safety in Society
- Transport and Logistics
What are the admission requirements?
You need to have a Grade 9. Some programmes do require a higher grade. Check with the college’s Admissions Office.
Where can you complete a National Certificate Vocational?
At a TVET college. Find your nearest TVET college here.
Completing a National Certificate: Vocational can help you find better opportunities and achieve your goals. It is a good alternative to a Matric certificate.